Hi There! Soksabike is hiring Managers, hear all about it…
Soksabike bicycle tours is a social enterprise offering people all around the world an insight into the traditional livelihoods of the Cambodian countryside. We are passionate about responsible tourism and focus on educating guests in the realities of life in rural Cambodia and ensuring that visitors have a positive impact on the local communities – economically, socially and environmentally.
To educate tourists about daily Cambodian life, to facilitate real cross-cultural connections, and to provide our guests with guidance and information on how they can have a positive impact on the locations they travel to. In addition to these goals, we aim to provide our tourists with an awesome and unforgettable experience.
Position : Business Manager and Operations Manager or Assistant Manager (1-2 positions)
Soksabike is an established social enterprise with 3 years of operation in Battambang. A successful applicant will be based in Battambang and work with a high degree of autonomy to further Soksabike’s social impact and success.
Soksabike is a small but active business and requires managers to be flexible, initiative-taking and dedicated to the project’s vision. Management experience is desirable but more important is commitment to self-improvement and the success of the project.
Business Management Responsibilities:
Soksabike business manager is primarily responsible for sales and marketing, business strategy and development of new tour products, with oversight from an active board.
Ideally the business manager will have experience or a strong interest in tourism and entrepreneurship, and some familiarity with accounting / financial management and external communications.
Operations Management Responsibilities:
Soksabike operations manager is responsible for management of all operational aspects of the Soksabike including management of office operations, guides, sales and bookings, and ensuring the ongoing high quality of all tours that Soksabike runs.
The operations manager will have experience or a strong interest in responsible tourism, hospitality, administration and communications.
- Interest in cycling
- Has Graduated with a bachelor degree at University (Any major relating to this job opportunity is a bonus)
- Can start working at 20-30 hours per week, between 6:30 am – 5:00 pm as needed
- Is passionate about sharing rural Cambodian culture
- Respects all members of the local community
- Excellent interpersonal skills within both Khmer and Western cultures
- Can solve problems quickly and creatively as they appear
- Has strong spoken and written English
- Has good communication skills including online communications
- Has strong computer skills (Excel, Google Docs, Gmail)
- Flexibility and ability to work in a team towards a common goal
- Experience working with foreigners a plus
If you possess the above characteristics, we want you to apply!
- Attach a CV and Cover letter plus any related documents and deliver either:
- Directly to our office on Street 1.5 (Affiliated with Kinyei Cafe) at the south of Psar Nat (Behind ANZ bank)
– or –
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for Application is January 28, 2013
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For additional enquiries, please contact our current Soksabike Manager :
Phalla Yai : 077 833 170 Email: email@example.com