With Kinyei’s growing coworking community, recent photography workshops and new hack night we find ourselves in need of more tech resources!
I’m in Melbourne working at Inspire9 until 3.30pm on Friday, so if you find yourself looking to get rid of any old or unneeded tech items please drop them by Inspire9 and they will come with me on my journey back to Battambang and be put to good use by many grateful young tech savvy Cambodians.
Quality tech resources are difficult to find in Battambang; not to mention the ones that are available are way to expensive for the majority of Cambodians and local organisations. Tech goods are some of the most valuable resources for our work with the community here. They enable the local organisations and groups we work with to share their stories with the global community and access more help, resources and mentoring from the global market.
- laptops, laptops, laptops!
- small handheld video cameras (need a recommendation for best one)
- digital cameras – a decent point and shoot is great
- if you want to get something special, we like keh.com for refurbished models
- DSLR or something akin to Canon PowerShot G10 – a compact camera with manual options
- usb keys
- old and outdated portable media players
- mp3 players
Where is Inspire9:
9/83 Dover St, Richmond Melbourne (just down from Richmond Station)
Thanks for your support, we will be sure to keep you posted on your stuff’s journey and the awesomeness it will enable in our growing tech savvy Battambang community.