Founded by two Australians and one American, Kinyei International has delivered employment readiness opportunities to over 80 young Cambodians through social enterprises Soksabike Tours and Kinyei Café in Battambang since 2009.
The Challenge: Workplace readiness and opportunities for part-time professional growth are difficult to come by in Cambodia, leaving students and young people unprepared to join the workforce. The rapidly growing tourism sector is in a formative state, thus the time is now to foster sustainable practices that will positively shape the industry.
Our Approach: Kinyei provides professional development through our two sibling vocational training businesses, which allow young people to develop transferrable skills in English language, tourism & hospitality, technology, operations, financial management, and entrepreneurship. We focus on product offerings and services that embrace sustainable tourism.
- Open Participation – to leverage the resources and perspectives of the local and global community
- Transparency – between project contributors to increase cross-cultural understanding
- Collaboration – fostering mutually beneficial relationships based on a paradigm of open cooperation
Kinyei International is not in any way religiously or politically affiliated.
In the News
You can read about Kinyei and our work on a variety of websites, including:
- The Guardian – Battambang, Cambodia’s art and soul
- Travel Weekly – Tourism for Tomorrow Awards to reward environmentally responsible practices
- Travel Weekly – Award Winners Shine a Light on Sustainability Issues
- WTTC Medium – Profiles of Inspiration
- Khmer Times – Battambang Incubator Snares Wild Asia Award
- Wild Asia – Responsible Tourism Awards Revealed at PATA Travel Mart 2015